Everyone wants to look good today, especially the young. But more and more people today understand that looking good need not be healthy, and being healthy is more important than just looking good. Of course, the better deal would be to look good and healthy.
Many would assume that you can just lose some weight or pockets of unwanted fats here and there in your body; and that constitutes weight loss to good health. But nothing is farther than the truth. To lose weight and keep healthy is to burn more calories compared to what you take in.
Your optimal weight is measured by your BMI which relates your height and weight measurements to the amount of fat in your body. More and more Americans are overweight today as they consume more saturated fat or processed foods which attract more diseases.
Losing weight is usually easy for many but the challenge is maintaining the weight loss. However, if you adopt a weight loss program on a regular basis, it will be easy.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks for your weight loss program to work effectively.
- Have more low nutrition foods, such as fresh fruits and green veggies; these contain less calories and high fiber, which translate to faster weight loss and keeping extra weight at bay. Avoid highly saturated fatty foods like deep fried foods as extra fat is always stored away as excess fats.
- Part of the weight loss maintenance program calls for a fewer food selection especially snacks. The fewer choices you have in front of you, the less tempted you are to binge.
- Drinking lots of water or low calorie beverages is an excellent way to keep your weight consistent as you get full with water instead of fats.
- Listen to your mom who always tells you to chew your food. There is a lot of truth in that advice as it would take you longer to finish your meal, which you would feel fuller than if you were to gobble down quickly.
- It is crucial to stabilize the amount of sugar in your blood to maintain your weight loss. This can be achieved by eating the right types of food such as whole grains and dried beans which release their glucose slowly into your blood streams.
- Others who love the hot pepper have the advantage of another way to maintain their weight loss by taking on a bit of hot pepper with mustard on their meals. This easily increases the body metabolism by 25%.
- Changing certain foods will go a long way as in using low fat and sour cream instead of the full cream. Changing the way you cook your foods or how they are prepared gives you greater control on maintaining your weight loss.
There are so many ways you can work on to lose weight and to maintain it.